OTC Markets congratulates the 2023 OTCQX Best 50 – our annual ranking of the top-performing OTCQX companies from the prior calendar year. This year’s list represents a breadth of industries and geographies that contribute to the diverse range of OTCQX-traded securities.
2023 OTCQX Best 50 Highlights:
The 2023 OTCQX Best 50 companies traded a total $6.5 billion dollar volume. The companies delivered to investors a median total return of 20% in 2022. The median market cap for the companies ranked in this year’s list was over $198.6 million, and among them were 13 companies with a market cap greater than $1 billion.
This year’s top performing company, Journey Energy Inc. (OTCQX: JRNGF), is a Canadian oil and gas exploration and production company. Journey Energy Inc. cross-trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) in Canada under the ticker symbol “JOY.” They are among the 15 Canadian companies rounding out the list of the OTCQX Best 50.
Fifteen U.S. community banks were also included among this year’s Best 50 list:
- United Bancorporation of Alabama, Inc. (OTCQX: UBAB)
- BankFirst Capital Corporation (OTCQX: BFCC)
- Communities First Financial Corporation (OTCQX: CFST)
- GBank Financial Holdings Inc. (OTCQX: GBFH)
- JD Bancshares, Inc. (OTCQX: JDVB)
- Private Bancorp of America, Inc. (OTCQX: PBAM)
- Wayne Savings Bancshares, Inc. (OTCQX: WAYN)
- Bank of San Francisco (OTCQX: BSFO)
- Farmers & Merchants Bancorp (OTCQX: FMCB)
- Heartland BancCorp (OTCQX: HLAN)
- Lyons Bancorp, Inc. (OTCQX: LYBC)
- U & I Financial Corp (OTCQX: UNIF)
- CW Bancorp (OTCQX: CWBK)
- Tri County Financial Group Inc. (OTCQX: TYFG)
- Eagle Financial Services, Inc. (OTCQX: EFSI)
Six companies from last year’s ranking made their second appearance on the OTCQX Best 50 list in 2023.
- Journey Energy Inc. (OTCQX: JRNGF)
- Petrus Resources Ltd. (OTCQX: PTRUF)
- InPlay Oil Corp. (OTCQX: IPOOF)
- Filo Mining Corp. (OTCQX: FLMMF)
- Table Trac, Inc. (OTCQX: TBTC)
- Yankuang Energy Group Co Ltd. (OTCQX: YZCAY; YZCHF)
Canadian companies comprised a high concentration of the 2023 OTCQX Best 50 at 15 companies. This year’s list also included representation from ten other countries. The list included companies traded on Frankfurt Stock Exchange, ASX, LSE, Bolsa Mexicana de Valores, SIX Swiss Exchange, Madrid Stock Exchange, Istanbul Stock Exchange, Hong Kong Stock Exchange, and BM&F Bovespa.
The diversity of countries demonstrates the success of OTCQX as a global gateway to connect issuers with the U.S. investment community.
We recognize the efforts of our 2023 Best 50 companies–and the shared commitment to providing their investors with a premium trading experience.
For additional information and to view the complete 2023 OTCQX Best 50 ranking, please click here.
Note: The OTCQX Best 50 is an annual ranking of the top 50 U.S. and international companies traded on the OTCQX Best Market, based on an equal weighting of one-year total return and average daily dollar volume growth. Companies in the 2023 OTCQX Best 50 were ranked based on their performance during the 2022 calendar year.
Check out more of our Corporate Services posts here.